While on my last mission to Arusha (I wanted to say the name of the president of Tanzania-Jeeeezzzzz, I dont know his bloody name) #kidding..I came across the following which might be of interest to you, my dear Ugandans including my self lol.
**********OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC HEALTH FREAKS********
General Description of the Role
The T&C HBC Technical officer will have the prime responsibility of building the capacity of Partner organization personnel to implement
quality HIV/AIDS sub-project activities through the provision of technical support in: Testing and Counseling services (T&C), Health Care for PLHs, HBC, and activities that promote a positive attitude to living with HIV. He/She HHwill ensure that the Partners project implementation meets PEPFAR; GOAL and Government of Uganda T&C/HBC requirements as per the approved Project detailed implementation plan (DIP) and will be responsible for making sure that the specific outputs under T&C/HBC in the Partners projects as well as the overall Project Implementation plan are achieved. He/she will support partners in the Monitoring and Evaluation of the T&C/HBC components of the project and will represent project activities with relevant bodies and authorities.
• A bachelor’s degree in public Health, or Health related qualification with 3 years NGO field experience
• Experience in HTC/HBC services and capacity building of grass roots organizations.
• Solid working knowledge of HIV/AIDS Programming especially in relation to HBC/HTC service provision.
• Qualification in Training of Trainer (TOT)
• Good proposal and report writing skills
• Working knowledge of computer packages like MS Word and MS Excel
• Able to work with minimum supervision (self motivated/self driven)
• Experience in networking with government, NGOs and districts in project implementation
• Ability to live and work in remote locations for prolonged periods of time.
• Have good networking and collaboration skills
• Valid Driving permit with A Class for motor cycles.
• Previous experience with budget development
• Ability to speak the local languages uses in Abim District (this shouldnt scare you)
Applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including current or most recent employer), and daytime contact number by close of business Friday 2nd September 2011. Only Short listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from GOAL by 16th September 2011, count yourself unsuccessful.
Applications should be sent to:
The Human Resource and Administration Coordinator, GOAL Uganda, P.O. Box 33140, Kampala, Lubbobo Close,
Muyenga, or email to: email@example.com
IF YOU ARE SENDING ELECTRONICALLY, PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AND DO
NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES