DOT is a leading international social enterprise headquartered in Canada with local operations in 14 countries around the globe, including Uganda.
Harnessing the power of youth, DOT transforms young people (DOT Interns) into leaders of change as they facilitate technology, business, and entrepreneurial learning experiences to people in their own communities.
DOT’s unique youth-led programs empower people living in communities that are developing, in transition, or under stress with the confidence to use technology for entrepreneurial, community, educational, and personal development.
Launched in 2002, DOT has mobilized the talent and energy of over 4,000 Interns worldwide – a powerful force for change. The impact of DOT’s programs has reached 1 million people in communities and schools around the world helping them to develop an entrepreneurial spirit and technology and business skills that will last a lifetime.
Currently, DOT Uganda is implementing the ReachUp! program, which focuses on the capacity development of young people and entrepreneurs, emphasizing 21st Century workforce readiness skills and using technology to unlock creative capacity. Participants are equipped with tools and capabilities that help them to advance their economic status by building successful, sustainable livelihoods.
Presently, there are available internship placements for the program that specifically seeks to help participants develop knowledge, skills, and plans that improve their chances of economic self-reliance and livelihood success.
Minimum Requirements/Person Specifications
Ideal candidates preferably with the following credentials should apply:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 29 years of age.
- Must be Ugandan by nationality.
- S/he should have post-secondary education and/or training in a related field(s) such as; computer science, community development, sociology, business, Commerce, and Communication among others.
- S/he should have hands-on technology Skills i.e. a deep, practical hands-on experience in MS Office applications, using the internet as a tool and, ideally, basic website development.
- Community focused i.e. must be passionate about change, their communities and have a significant desire to see their communities grow.
- Full time focus: The DOT Intern role requires focus and commitment and as a result interns must be available a minimum of 35 hours per week.
- Confident, polished & creative.
- Must be hard working, creative and noticeably open to new ideas.
- Business experience is an added advantage. Previous hands-on business exposure through a family business or work experience with a variety of responsibilities. Maybe started a small business during school.
- Eager to learn how to facilitate a group of people, to lead, and grow with a team.
- See the opportunity as a springboard: We need young people who will see this opportunity as a springboard to business opportunities, new careers, long-term training roles, etc. In essence, one should be able to see the opportunities that lie beyond this program.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills (English and at least one local language)
- Gender Balanced
DOT Uganda will take up a maximum of 18 interns. The organization will provide the necessary tools for the training/ internship period. And in cases where the interns are required to travel, or participate in any initiative related to the program, arrangements will be made to provide financial support.
The internship will be a 1 year program that will start in mid-January 2013.
To apply, fill out the online form below and upload your resume/CV.
The closing date for submission is 7th January 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more info, please call +256 (0) 392907857, +256 (0) 773037103, or send email to email@example.com.
NOTE: DOT Uganda is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality. Therefore, both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply
If you have trouble completing the online application below you may download the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.