Happy New Year!
Under the supervision of the International Advocacy Officer, the Advocacy Associate will support the coordination of IPPF/WHR’s global and regional advocacy efforts with the United Nations. S/he will provide administrative and logistic support to the international advocacy work at the UN, including the ICPD and the Beijing Conference monitoring and review processes, the Post-2015 Development Agenda process and MDG Review, and the follow up to Rio+20.
LOCATION: New York, NY
SUPERVISOR: International Advocacy Officer
DESIRED START DATE: February 2013
• Provide programmatic and logistic support to international advocacy initiatives
• Support monitoring and advocacy efforts at the Commission on Population and Development, the Commission on the Status of Women, the Post-2015 Development Agenda, and the Millennium Development Goals Review
• Assist in drafting briefing notes, reports, and training materials on international advocacy initiatives
• Serve as the focal point for youth-related advocacy initiatives with IPPF Member Associations (MAs) and other likeminded organizations; facilitate participation in relevant international meetings and collaboration with other youth networks
• Carry out research as needed to inform advocacy efforts on key advocacy issues
• Assist in liaising with MAs and UN Missions
• Provide additional assistance as needed
• BA required, Masters’ degree or equivalent preferred
• Understanding of current key development trends in sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender equality, and youth and adolescents at the global level and in Latin America and the Caribbean
• Two years of experience in advocacy
• Ability to build and maintain alliances with key likeminded organizations
• Demonstrated commitment to IPPF/WHR mission
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and good writing and oral communications skills in Spanish
• Well organized and ability to work well under limited supervision
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook)
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume along with references and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.