Hi Superstars, this is a good chance to network in addressing the question of health inequities in Africa as well as promoting public private partnerships in health 🙂
Join our special guest, Her Excellency Madam Dr. Christine Kaseba-Sata, First Lady of Zambia and Parks Tau, Executive Mayor, City of Johannesburg and be part of the team that will drive global health in Southern Africa.
GBCHealth is pleased to invite you to our 2013 Member Meeting at 12 PM February 28, 2013 in South Africa, generously hosted by De Beers. Join the robust discussion among member companies, multilaterals and government leaders on emerging health trends and how they will impact the decisions and actions of today’s business leaders. GBCHealth also will unveil our priorities for 2013 for the Southern African region.
Key discussion items will include how to address health threats posed by agriculture and food security issues; cross-sector partnerships among African players; initiatives to eliminate malaria; lessons learned from effective local health programming; and how business can apply its experience addressing infectious diseases to the growing challenges of non-communicable diseases.
- Her Excellency Dr. Christine Kaseba-Sata, First Lady of Zambia; Obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Parks Tau, Executive Mayor, Johannesburg
- Dr. Ahmed Megan, Lesotho, Country Representative, UNICEF
- Colonel (Dr.) Kaka Mudambo, Regional Coordinator, Southern African Regional Network (SARN)
- Dr. Shiva Murugasampillay, Medical Officer, Strategy, Economics and Elimination Unit, Global Health Malaria Program, World Health Organisation
- Professor Sheila Tlou, Director, Regional Support Team for Eastern and Southern Africa, UNAIDS;
- Dr. Erick Ventura, South Africa Regional Migration Health Coordinator and Acting Chief of Mission, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
GBCHealth members with headquarters in Africa or with significant South African operations are encouraged to attend.
For more information on the event and to RSVP, please contact email@example.com.