The UNAIDS Youth Programme, with the support of NORAD, plans to conduct a baseline youth participation study. In view of this, a consultant is urgently needed to perform the task!
Are you knowledgeable and have experience in youth participation, mapping and qualitative research methodology? Then this information is for you!
Click to download Terms Of Reference: TOR_BaselineParticipationFINAL (3).
Scope of work for the consultant
Conduct a literature review on youth participation and leadership within the health and development agenda, with a particular focus on HIV and SRHR.
Develop methodologies for the various data collection aspects of the project, namely:
(1) online consultations on the experience of young people who are/have participate(d) in global decision-making fora, (2) mapping youth participation in key decision-making processes at global, regional and country levels, and (3) in-depth phone interviews on the quality and impact of youth participation at country-level.
Develop an online training for the UNAIDS 7 Regional Youth Officers to implement the methodology and oversee and quality assure the data collection.
Conduct the analysis of the data collected from the online consultations, mapping exercise and in-depth interviews. The analysis of the data should be summarized within an abstract by early December, a power point by mid-December and with the full report ready by the end of the year.
It is anticipated that the successful bidder will have:
1. Advanced experience conducting qualitative social research;
2. A strong understanding of young and civic participation within the AIDS response – experience in working with youth organizations is critical;
3. Academic background in social science and public health;
4. Excellent English; and
5. A demonstrated ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
Duration of the assignment
Overall time frame for the assignment will be covering up to 70 days from the 15 August 2013 to the 15 March 2014.
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter, a short methodology proposal including budget (2-5 pages) and three references to Mikaela Hildebrand (firstname.lastname@example.org), with copy to Nina Sun (email@example.com). All applications must be received by 1 August 2013.No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
IMPORTANT: Download the full terms of reference for the consultant! Click here: TOR_BaselineParticipationFINAL (3)
Good luck! Please share this message with your network!!
Good luck 😛