MFY Subcommittee Structure
We are now calling for nominations from young people from around the world who wish to support the youth initiatives at AIDS 2014 to apply to join one the seven Melbourne Youth Force subcommittees. To ensure a smooth and practical work flow, each subcommittee will have a local Australian contingency made up of at least 4 Australians, with a minimum of one representative from Melbourne on each subcommittee alongside 4 International representatives, with a minimum of one representative from the Asia Pacific region on each subcommittee.
Together the young Australian and international representatives will form the final international MYF subcommittees responsible coordinating all youth program activities for AIDS 2014.
Important Background Information on the International AIDS Conference and Youth Force activities
Please ensure you have reviewed the background information document on the International AIDS Conference and Youth Force Activities before you complete and submit your application form. Click here to download document
Each Subcommittee of the 2014 MYF will be co-chaired by one local Australian representatives and one international representative. Applications for International subcommittee representatives will be reviewed by the AIDS 2014 Youth Program co-conveners.
Although efforts will be made to provide assistance to committee members to find funding to attend the Conference, we cannot guarantee funding and have no input into the IAS scholarship decision process.
Subcommittee Co-Chairs reserve the right to replace committee members who do not contribute according to the agreed upon work plan and timeline for delivery, after discussing the situation with them privately and in advance of making any decisions.
- Fluency in English (some knowledge of another language is a desirable skill);
- Frequent access to reliable internet connection (at least 4 x per week);
- Ability to attend monthly Skype / teleconference calls from December 2013-March 2014 and more frequent calls (possibly up to fortnightly) from April–July 2014;
- Commitment to a rights-based approach (including evidence-based information and services, condoms, sexual and reproductive rights and harm reduction);
- Skills and organisational capacity that is relevant to the subcommittee you are applying for;
- Permission of the organisation you work with to contribute your time (approx. 2-3 hours/ week) on a voluntary basis, increasing to 5-6 hours per week in the final few months prior to the conference;
- Motivation, pro-activeness, flexibility, and reliability.
There are no age criteria to join a aubcommittee; adult allies and youth leaders are welcome. Contributing organisations to the Youth Force are asked to operate under the Youth Force umbrella and branding to show a unified front to Conference Delegates. Contributing organisations will be acknowledged by name and by their logos at the Youth Reception and within the Youth Pavilion. People who are living with HIV and others who identify as a key affected population are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications must be submitted online by midnight Australian EST on Sunday 15th December, 2013.
All successful international applicants will be notified by email no later than Friday 22nd December, 2013. For all enquiries please contact Mohammed Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org or please use the form below to submit your nomination to be on a Melbourne Youth Force subcommittee.
Apply to be an international representative on Melbourne Youth Force Subcommittee for AIDS 2014 See http://www.redaware.org.au/myf-global/ for details