Posted on February 11, 2014 by mikewilson — No Comments ↓
2nd Announcement and Call for Abstracts. East African Regional Safe Communities Conference 2014, Arusha, Tanzania, 19-21 November
– PeerCorps Trust Fund
– World Health Organization Collaborating Centre on Community Safety
– East African Safe Communities Network
DATES TO REMEMBER
– Scholarship application Due – July 15
– Abstract deadline (for inclusion in conference proceedings) – August 15
– Authors notified of their abstract acceptance – August 20
– Presenting authors must be registered – October 1
– Deadline for conference registration – November 19
On behalf of the International and Local Organizing Committees we cordially invite you to participate in the first East African Regional Conference on Safe Communities. The conference will be held at the Arusha International Conference Center in Arusha, Tanzania.
Encompassing more than 150 million voices, the East African Community represents an emerging political, economic and cultural force with immense potential. However, with this potential, comes a shared responsibility to safeguard the well-being its populations during one of the most important transformations in the African region. One of the most pressing issues is that of safety.
The Scientific Committee of EARSCC 2014 invites Safe Community practitioners, researchers and activists to submit abstracts for presentation and poster sessions.
Abstracts may address any of the following themes:
– Child and adolescent safety (home safety, safe schools, self-harm, abuse, bullying and suicide).
– Traffic safety (pedestrian safety, safe roads, mass transit, policy and practice).
– Interpersonal violence (gender-based violence, FGM, war and conflict).
– Workplace safety (mine safety, safety in agricultural settings, biological and chemical hazards, psychosocial hazards, construction site safety).
– Any other topic relevant for community safety, such as disaster planning and management.
In order to submit an abstract please follow the instructions listed on the conference website at www.peercorpsglobal.org (EARSC Conference 2014).
The Conference will begin on November 19th with registration at 07:00 and a get-together. From Wednesday 19th to Friday 21st November there will a full scientific program of keynotes, oral presentations, dedicated poster sessions and round-tables. There is also a pre-conference travel seminar.
The official language of the conference is English.
In addition to the scientific program the local organizers have put together an interesting social program both for delegates and accompanying persons.
We look forward to meeting you at the conference and we are certain that you will enjoy Arusha and the surroundings.
For more details and up-to-date information about the Conference, please visit our homepage at: www.peercorpsglobal.org (EARSC Conference 2014) regularly.
Conference flyer for distribution within your networks: PDF slides
Community Safety, Rural Development, Education