2015 internship programme; Are you are a graduate, looking to get work experience in a Non-Governmental organisation? Then this is the right opportunity for you.
UWONET is looking for self-motivated, dynamic, hardworking and innovative graduates aged 22-28 years from different professional background for its 2015 internship programme. The internship is for a period of 9 months, (March to December). The programme aims at providing hands on experience in working with a Human rights and Gender specific organisation so as to empower and prepare the young professionals to support the growth of Human Rights Protection and continue seeking the struggle for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET) is an advocacy and lobbying coalition of national women’s organisations, institutions and individuals in Uganda formed in 1993. Uganda Women’s Network membership comprises of 16 national women’s Organisations and individuals. UWONET stands to promote and enhance networking, collective visioning and action among membership and different actors working towards development and the transformation of unequal gender relations in Uganda.
• The candidate should at least have a Bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency in computer
• A keen interest in Human rights especially women’s rights.
• The candidate should have a good command of the English language, thus communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
• Be willing to work as a team
• Have a voluntary spirit
The roles are but not limited to;
• Support day to day running of programmes and project
• Daily indexing and analysis of Sexual and Gender Based Violence cases in the print media
• Represent the organisation in key meetings and conferences
• Proposal and concept note development
• Documentation of project and programme outcomes
• Support the management of the UWONET Resource center
By the end of the internship programme, participants will have gained self-confidence, public speaking skills, documentation, basic research skills, training, understanding on Human rights, Gender and working with Civil Society Organisations and widen their network base.
Both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested individuals should send their applications, including their curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents to:
The Executive Director
Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET)
Plot 710, Block 216, Mirembe Close, Buuye Kigowa, Ntinda
P.O.Box 27991, Kampala Uganda
Or on email to email@example.com
Applications should be sent by close of business on 6th February 2015
Note: All those who previously applied do not need to re-apply. Their applications will be considered for short listing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.