Deadline: 23 July 2015
The Urgent Action Fund(UAF) is seeking applications for “Galvanizing Women’s Rights organizing in Francophone Africa” from organizations working on women, girls and trans rights issues in Benin, Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, Senegal and Cote D’Ivoire.
Urgent Action Fund Africa (UAF-Africa) is an Africa-wide feminist Fund that fills a rapid response grant making niche in the women’s movement. To date, the Fund has supported over 700 initiatives in 48 African countries addressing a wide range of current and emerging issues affecting African women.
UAF expects a world where African women are leading change agents at all levels of society with full access to opportunities, justice and resources – a world in which women and girls thrive.
- Enhance women’s meaningful articulation of key issues including participation in the socio-political and development spheres in any of the 6 Francophone West African countries.
- Engage women leaders meaningfully in gender sensitive peace, security and justice processes.
UAF-Africa will provide funding of maximum $10,000 for the completion of whole initiative.
- Women leading and contributing to the social change in the peace, security and justice architecture and landscape in Francophone West Africa;
- Women transforming and engaging in vibrant and inclusive democracy in Francophone West Africa.
- African organizations working in Benin, Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, Senegal and Cote D’Ivoire are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Applying organizations should focus on the thematic areas listed above.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Galvanizing Women’s Rights Organizing in Francophone Africa.