Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Project Assistant
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AKEM Consulting Ltd (ACL) is a research and program evaluation consulting firm based in Kampala, Uganda that specializes in applied research and evaluation of social development initiatives. ACL is partnering with the Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation (gui2de), with support from the Ministry of Works and Transport to implement the Zusha! road safety research project in Uganda. ACL would like to recruit a Project Assistant to support activities of this project.
Purpose of this Position:
The Project Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to the implementation of the Zusha! road safety project in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational and logistical support to aid the successful implementation of the Zusha! Road Safety Research Project in Uganda.
- Facilitate communication among partners and stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the research project.
- Schedule and arrange the logistics for meetings with partners and stakeholders, attending meetings as necessary and keeping detailed notes.
- Support the hosting of focus groups, including logistics, communicating with participants, and assist with note taking and facilitation as needed.
- Support in identifying suppliers to design and print project materials in particular the stickers for the PSVs.
- Training and supervision of enumerators working in the field at sites frequented by public service vehicles.
- Monitoring the use of project equipment, ensuring that all field staff return equipment after use.
- Assist in applying for relevant licenses and permits to conduct the research project.
- Participate in the collection of data from stakeholders, reviewing the quality of the data received and assist with the logistics of digitalizing the data
- Regular reporting of progress to the project manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration/Management/Public Health/ Road Safety or any related field study
- 2-3 years experience in project management / administration in a related field
- Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to take initiative and strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills including time management, attention to detail, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in research, and/or road safety and transport projects is desirable
- Should be fluent in English with working knowledge of at least one local Ugandan language
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, describing your strengths as the candidate for this job; and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Tuesday, April 5, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ps. Please DO NOT email or contact me lobbying for this post. 🙂